I’m a huge fan of essential oils, not only do I love how they make me feel but they have so many health benefits and smell amazing. I include favourite essential oils in my baths, my homemade skincare products, and even as a fragrance to set the mood in a room or my space.
These are my favourite essential oils and why I love to use it, for most essential oils there are multiple benefits but below I will list MY reasons I use it and the benefits I receive from using it.
- Lavender: used to relieve stress. I love adding this to my baths and smelling it before bed to help with my insomnia.
- Sandalwood: used to calm nerves and help with focus
- Bergamot: used to reduce stress and improve skin conditions like eczema
- Rose: used to improve mood and reduce anxiety
- Chamomile: used to improve mood and relaxation
- Ylang-Ylang: used to treat headaches, nausea, and skin conditions
- Tea Tree: used to fight infections and boost immunity
- Jasmine: used to help with depression, childbirth, and libido
- Lemon: used to aid digestion, mood, headaches, and more
- Peppermint: used to boost energy and aid digestion. I apply this to my temple when I have headaches.
These are all my favourite essential oils.
I hope you found value in this blog and that it helped you figure out what essential oil you want to try next or incorporate into your skincare or bath/shower routines. To see more blogs like this, and to get a free bath salt recipe click HERE, I use essential oils in all of my baths but especially detox salt baths! Remember, you should not consume essential oils.